- Isolation at the Resort for 7 (seven) days from the date of sample collection is mandatory for anyone testing positive for COVID-19 and asymptomatic.However, those who exhibit covid symptoms at the end of the isolation period specified are required to continue their isolation until 24 hours after symptoms have cleared. The above shall be applicable even if the individual(s) have not completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine.
- The Resort Doctor or Nurse will provide primary care whilst guests are in isolation on the Resort, should the symptoms require clinical care, and this will be arranged.Any guest who tests positive will have to be quarantined in the resort. All additional costs such as doctor’s fees, Room accommodation, food and beverage, and subsequent PCR testing will have to be shouldered by the guest.
Quarantine duration for those identified as direct contacts
2.1 Close contacts who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine and a BOOSTER dose;
- a) Individual(s) who have been identified as a direct contact of a positive case but asymptomatic, are NOT required to observe a quarantine period. However, if symptomatic the individual shall undertake a PCR test or a Rapid Antigen Test for Covid -19 and can ONLY be released upon receiving a negative test result.
- b) Regardless of the ease mentioned in (a), ALL individual(s) who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case are required to undertake an additional PCR test after 05 (five) days from the date of last contact with the said positive case.
- c) The ease mentioned in (a) and (b) is strictly applicable ONLY to those direct contacts who are quarantined separately from the positive case.
The above mentioned in 2.1 can ONLY be exercised if the following conditions are met:
1- Vaccine administered by the individual(s) is approved by the Maldives Food & Drug Authority or by the World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL) and at least 14 (fourteen) days have passed and 06 (six) months have not exceeded after the administration of the prescribed doses.
2- If 06 (six) months have passed since completion of the prescribed doses, a BOOSTER dose for covid-19 must also be completed.
2.2 Close contacts who do not qualify under 2.1
2.2.1 All close contacts who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case, who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine and 06 (six) months have exceeded after the administration of the prescribed doses but had not been administered a BOOSTER dose; will have to undergo quarantine for 10 (ten) days from the date of sample collection and can be released without a PCR test if the individual(s) do not exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 at the end of the 10-day period.
However, the specified quarantine period (10 days) will come to an end upon submission of a negative PCR test done at the end of FIFTH DAY of quarantine from the date the individual(s) were identified as a direct contact and quarantined. The ease* mentioned is strictly applicable for those direct contacts who are quarantined separately.
2.2.2 If child(ren) under 12 years of age or an individual who is not eligible for vaccination of a Covid-19 vaccine are placed under quarantine with a vaccinated individual who may avail the ease mentioned in 2.2.1, then they may requested to be released from quarantine after the fifth day with a special permission from the Maldives Health Protection Agency (HPA). Upon the request by the individual, the resort will send a special request to HPA and child(ren)/individual will be released upon receiving approval from HPA.
3. All close contacts who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case and who have not completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine shall complete 14 (fourteen) days of quarantine followed by a negative PCR test result at the end of this quarantine period.
The above information per the guidelines of the Health Protection Agency (HPA) of Maldives and is subject to changes without prior notice. Individuals undergoing quarantine under 1 and 2 must remain in quarantine until such time the negative test results is received or special permission is provided by HPA.
Please note there will be expenses to be paid for any period in isolation. Please check with your insurance company if you are covered.